Machining of the Inner Central Skin (Cornell drawing 6058-029 REV A)
and the Outer Central Skin (Cornell drawing 6058-030 REV A) must be done by the
vendor in accordance with the following specifications.
- Approved Stock must be used.
- Stress Relief or other Heat Treatment may be required to achieve the
tolerances. This is left up to the vendor. If any heat treatment is
performed it should be done in a vacuum. The technical contacts must be
notified of any heat treatment that is performed.
- Water-Based Coolant must be used to insure the part will be usable
in UHV. No oil-based lubricants or coolants
are permitted. Only water-based coolants such as Cimcool
(Cincinnatti Millicron) may be used.
- Dimensional Inspection of the completed parts to insure they meet
the tolerances on the drawings is the responsibility of the vendor. An
inspection report must be submitted to the technical contacts. This report
should state the nominal dimension, the allowed tolerance, the achieved
dimension, the measurement accuracy and the name or initials of the
person responsible for the measurement.
- Piece Approval will be issued by Cornell within ten day of receiving
acceptable inspection reports. If the piece is unacceptable, the reason will
be communicated within ten days of receiving an inspection report.
Last modified: Wed Jan 17 17:27:20 EST 2001